Humboldt County Cannabis Contest Information!
Entries Due by October 18, 2017*
- Lab Tested and Judged by Public Sources!
- Entries due by October 18, 2017 and will take requests for late entries!
- A representative must be present to collect award!
- Entries will qualify based upon lab safety for pesticides, molds and residual solvents!
- Entries are not judged based upon potency of lab results as labs could range by 3-5% or more.
- Flower is judged by public entities for Sight, Taste and Smell!
- Good, Honest and Fair Competition!
- Designed by Scientists!
-Thank you for inquiring about Humboldt County Cup contest to help celebrate the history of our area by bringing the cannabis community together!
-Although Prop. 64 has passed for the adult use of cannabis, the Humboldt County Cup contest will be conducted under medical guidelines and through a medical collective.
-A doctors recommendation is required to enter your medical cannabis product in the Humboldt County Cup.
-Contestants may enter the medical cannabis if they are 18 years of age and with a doctors recommendation.
-Local recommendations can be confidentially acquired at MediCann located at 2365 HARRISON Ave, Eureka, CA 95501 and Nor Cal Health Center located at 4677 Valley W Blvd, Arcata, CA 95521. MediCann will also be present at the Humboldt County Cup for onsite recommendations.
-All cannabis will be lab tested for mold and pesticides to ensure the highest quality products.
-All entries are considered strictly confidential according to desired publicity.
–Emerald Genetics collective will help facilitate the process through membership.
1) Outdoor Flower: Sativa Dominant, Indica Dominant, 50/50 Hybrid
(Most strains are hybrid and some hybrids are more difficult to determine Sativa or Indica dominance. The Hybrid category is for these circumstances given the cultivators discretion or opinion.)
2) Indoor Flower (artificial light): Sativa Dominant, Indica Dominant, 50/50 Hybrid
3) CBD Flower (at least 3% or more CBD complex)
4) Concentrate: THC, Non-Solvent and CBD (At least 5% or more CBD complex)
5) Vape: THC, CBD (at least 5% or more CBD complex)
8) Tinctures (New)
9) Terpene (New): Flower only (Judged by Lab % + Taste and Smell score)*
10) Glass (Discontinued due to lack of interest for the 3rd annual)
11) Photo (Discontinued due to lack of interest for the 3rd annual)
12) Art (Discontinued due to lack of interest for the 3rd annual)
-$200 cost of entry will cover lab testing and processing fees for flowers, concentrates, topicals and edibles. Potency, pesticides, mold and residual solvents analysis depending on product.
(Includes 1 general admission ticket per contestant (not per entry) and your name will be included on our guest list)
-Additional $50 to be considered for the Terpene Category.
-Cost of entry for glass/ photo/ art contest is general admission of $25 in advance online or $30 at the door.
Cannabis Entry Information:
-Up to 3 entries per category are allowed per person. Entry may be public, anonymous or represent an entity
-Maximum of 40 entries per category
-22 units of flower of at least 2 grams each (Unlabeled)
-22 units of concentrate in increments of at least 1 gram each (labeled)
-22 units of edibles (labeled)
-20 units of vape cartridges of at least .5 gram each + 2 grams in a container for easier testing
-22 individual units of topical (labeled)
-22 individual units of tincture (labeled)
-Entries may be submitted with the entry fee in the form of cash, check or money order and payable to the HCC administrator:
-Please submit the fee in a closed labeled envelope with your Contestant Application (page 1 only) and submit to the drop-off location with entry.
-Must be received no later than Oct 18th, 2017*
*some late entries may be permitted if requested by email in advance!
Drop Off Location and Time (Please adhere to time allocated for drop off):
-Contestant application must be submitted by October 18, 2017.
-Contestants will bring their entry for display between 8am– 10am at Redwood Acres Fairgrounds on Nov. 18.
-Must be equipped to display your entry on a table or wall.
-Entries must be received no later than Oct 18th, 2017. *some late entries may be permitted if requested by email in advance!
-Packaged containing 1 contestant form, 1 entry and 1 payment to avoid mixing entries.
The Humboldt California Association
601 I St. Suite B
Arcata, CA 95521
Drop Off Times
(please contact us in advance if this is not possible.)
Mon-Fri: 10:00 am-12:00 pm (ONLY)
Sat-Sun: 12:00 pm-2:00 pm (ONLY)
-All entries will be lab tested for molds. pesticides and residual solvents. Entries containing mold, pesticides and residual solvents beyond recommended limits will be disqualified. Some entries may be subject to second party lab testing if results are in question.
*Lab testing will be conducted by a third party and we are not liable for analytical results.
-Donations for local veterans and compassionate care programs will be greatly appreciated.
-Please submit any donations in a separate packaging labeled “donations”. If okay with donor, we will acknowledge those who make a donation of 28 grams or more on www.HumboldtCountyCup.com.